Tuesday, August 16, 2011

clarification

I figured since I made an intense list of my likes and dislikes last week that I would elaborate on some of the topics today, along with new ramblings that I feel I should discuss. I mean, come on, it's MY blog, shouldn't I be able to talk about whatever I want? Seriously though, I do love my job - I just love blogging DURING work more - why not get paid to yammer on and on about my awesome self? :) Just don't tell my boss.

So let's start here...
1. I have a MAJOR obsession with flip flops. I own over fifty pairs and I've never even worn half of them. I have them in every color imaginable, yet I don't have any clothes to match them with, so I won't wear them. I mostly buy the ones from Old Navy. I have every color they make or have made in the past five years. You might think I'm exaggerating but believe me, I'm not. I can't help myself. I MUST buy them! Don't judge me!
2. I want to visit all fifty states at least once. Even if it's only for a five minute interval, I just want to be able to say I've been to them all. So far I've been to California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Oregon, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee and Michigan. 10 out of 50 isn't so bad.
3. I want to move back to California one day. I miss the beach so much. It really is my home.
4. One day, I also want to be able to speak another language fluently.
5. I hate hate hate mashed potatoes and their weird consistency. [it reminds me of vomit] I refuse to eat them and when people try to force me to eat them it freaks me out, to the point of tears. Yes, I just said tears. It kills me that Ryder loves them and I literally gag with every bite I feed him. I'm not really sure what triggered this strange fear but for as long as I can remember I've hated them.
6. I want to be a teacher some day and I started going to college to become one but never finished. I should probably go back to school soon...
7. Sometimes I'm a bitch on purpose. I'm sorry but some people deserve it!
8. When I was eighteen I accidentally killed my pet rabbit. I put her outside to run around the back yard and play [in the middle of July, mind you] and forgot she was out there. she died from heat stroke...now I'm terrified to even touch a rabbit. :(
9. I'm so glad that I'm done with high school, it was such a waste of time for me. I'm not saying that I'm so brilliant that I didn't need school. It's just that school was so boring for me that I couldn't pay attention and would always finish my work really fast and then talk to my friends, therefore getting myself into trouble for "slacking off". Great.
10. I'd secretly love to get a boob job. Simple as that. Not necessarily to make them bigger, just to make it so I'd never have to wear a bra. Haha.
11. I can not stand wearing socks. If i could go barefoot at all times, I would but it's far too unsanitary. Also, I can't sleep in socks but I hate being cold when I sleep. Hmm there lies the problem. I have to have my feet all wrapped up and covered before I can fall asleep or it's just not "right". I also rub my feet on the mattress in a weird pattern to help me fall asleep. I've noticed that Ryder does the same thing at night. :)
12. My biggest fear is definitely flying.
13. When I was younger, I envisioned my "perfect future" and I was already supposed to be married with a baby on the way by age 20. Interesting vision of an eight year old. Try baby on the way with no boyfriend at the age of 22. That's more like it, kid.
14. I'd love to volunteer for Habitat for Humanity one day, everyone needs help sometimes.
15. I don't really care what other people think about me. It is what it is and if you don't like me then oh well.
16. I'm terrified of the movie Arachnophobia. I've only seen it twice in my life and that's enough for me! I saw it for the first time when I was six years old and it made me bawl. It also caused me to have nightmares and to shower with the bathroom door cracked open for fear of "the shower scene" happening to me. I needed to have a quick escape if spiders attacked me while I was showering. I thought that after fifteen years I might have gotten over my fear of a MOVIE, so I tried to watch it again two years ago and got so scared that I had to turn it off. Once again, it made me cry and caused my mother to laugh at me. Wonderful.
17. I really can't stand Snoop Dogg or his voice. There's just something about him that irks me. It really keeps from listening to a lot of good songs that he's featured in.
18. I thought living in Las Vegas meant it would be Summer all year long?! I don't like this whole Winter weather thing.
19. I love getting dressed up and putting on my makeup daily. I just hate the "in between" part. I wish I could just wake up and be ready to go out...
20. There are now twenty nine people on my "list" and I still feel like I'm forgetting someone...
21. I want to go on an African safari one day.
22. I have a lot of other strange fears as well...I can't even begin to explain them all.
23. Ok I'll admit it; I'm secretly jealous of all four of my brothers and the close bond that they have with each other. C'mon Mom and Dad, would it have killed you guys to give me ONE sister?!? Although I must say; my sister in law Kilee is pretty amazing!
24. Speaking of my brothers; all four of them are my closest friends in their own little way. I can always always go to my OLDEST brother, Jay for advice and to "vent". My OLDER brother, Rich and I have the most in common and he's always willing to help me out whenever I need him. My YOUNGER brother, Cody and I have the least in common but we're the closest in age and have a lot of the same friends, so when we're getting along and having a good time, he's actually fun to be around. My YOUNGEST brother, Conner was slowly becoming my new "best friend". Before Ryder was born he would go pretty much everywhere with me and we spent a lot of time together at the house. Now that I have Ryder I feel like we're drifting apart and I'm slowly "replacing" him with Travis. But Conner really is, hands down, the funniest person I have ever met. No joke.
25. I watch Hannah Montana sometimes and I'm not afraid to admit it.
26. I sometimes stay in the shower after I'm "all clean" and just stand there until the hot water runs out because it feels good.
27. I talk to myself daily - not just in my head but out loud too. I sometimes have to remind myself what I was doing in the first place...
28. Since high school I've realized who my true friends are. Let me go even further. Since I became a mom I've realized who my REAL friends are. People change, and that's ok. But you should just change for the better. Not the worse. Just because we're growing up and growing apart doesn't mean that you can treat people like crap. When I was younger my parents used to always tell me to treat others the way I wanted to be treated. I never thought twice about that saying until recently. People are just awful in general. Stick with the ones you can trust and count on. Don't even bother making new friends, I feel like it's not even worth it sometimes...
29. The one person in the whole world that makes me the ABSOLUTE happiest is also the one person that makes me the most mad. You know who you are.
30. Although I never "wanted" to be a mommy, things happen that sometimes can't be controlled. That being said, Ryder is the BEST thing that has ever happened to me. I wouldn't change the past for anything, I'm glad this particular "mistake" was made and I wouldn't have it any other way. That's that.

So that's pretty much all there is to say on that. I'm sure I'll think of something else that I wanted to say later and I'll kick myself for not adding it in. But as of right now the above mentioned crap IS my life. Sorry if I'm not as interesting as you were hoping. If you think I'm boring then just stop reading my blog, don't tell me I'm boring though...I'd probably cry myself to sleep knowing you felt that way. ;) Until next time my little readers...

No comments:

Post a Comment